What if you could finally get a running start at the jewelry business you’ve dreamed of?
What if you had an experienced and successful artist holding your hand through the whole process from creating your jewelry line to making money?
What if you could see behind the curtain at the inner workings of a jewelry artist, the studio, and business while you work side by side with other like minded individuals?
Now you can with the first Jewelry Business Certification Program only available in Utah!
In this 22 week program you soak up as many jewelry and business building techniques as we can cram into your head. You train and practice with a purpose. This is a 100% hands on class. From the beginning, you learn to make jewelry as well as set up your business with the potential to be generating income within a month or two. We all have the fear of uncertainty or doubt that creeps up about really chasing what you want and that is why we want to be the team in your corner, your trusted guides. This program will get you over the hump, give you skill-set and mindset to build the momentum you need. Everything we do will have tangible results that help you build a solid foundation to achieve the success you desire.
A small sampling of a few things we will cover:
- Silversmithing – navigating the torch, tools and how to build beautiful jewelry with or without stones
- Cold connections – assembling jewelry using rivets, tabs, wire wrapping and other techniques that don’t involve a torch
- Casting – carving wax and casting it in to metal, the oldest form of jewelry making
- Mixed materials – bringing various and nontraditional materials together to create fabulous jewelry
- Enameling – playing with fire and color on metals and making designs that pop!
- Stone cutting – create your own cabochons to customize your jewelry designs
- Studio safety – you want to keep all your brain cells and fingers I hope!
- Studio setup – what goes where and how to put it all together to work more efficiently
- Design principles – why design works and how to train your eye to make designs that are visually engaging
- Photography – your jewelry photos are one of the most important things you have to get in to shows and galleries, we will learn how to take beautiful shots and will also be posting them on your website
- Cultivating your visual voice – what do you want to look like, feel like, express, define and develop?
- Assembling a portfolio – creating a body of work that builds your skills, hones in on what you are good at and represents you
- Currating a website – building your online presence, I will teach you how to create a website with engaging content that reflects you, learn about SEO and what search engines see
- Growing your social network – utilizing Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest to promote your work and attract buying customers
- Implementing a plan for your business – a strategy to focus on what you want to achieve in your business and how you want it to grow
- Getting into galleries and arts festivals – Putting yourself out there professionally
- And much, much more!
This opportunity is limited to 6 students, you have personalized attention, your own workbench and tools to use in the studio. We are a like minded team supporting each other all with the same goal in mind.
When it starts: The next session starts July 10th – December 8th 2017
10am – 3pm Monday – Thursday (Cohort 8)
*Cohort 9 is an EVENING session – January 8th – June 8th 2018
5pm – 10pm Monday – Thursday*
We are looking for students who are serious and committed to their own success and have a vision for what they want to create. This is an investment and will be the foundation we build your jewelry business on. With six people in the studio there is support, feedback and lots of interaction to make you the best jewelry artist business person you can be!
Tuition financing is available through TFC Tuition Financing (please schedule an appointment with the school to apply.)
BGJS is an approved school through the Veterans Education Administration.
Registration is now open and space is limited, contact us to see if this would be a good match for you and to get more details!
Email for more information at email@example.com
“The moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now.” – Goethe
Our education funding partner: